Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Bergen Birding

I'm currently working on a Marine Mammal job in the north North Sea. Because of the sea state the ship has been unable to work and we've been in and out of Bergen, Norway. Fortune has it that a Black-throated Thrush turned up in Bergen last week and today I was able to go and see it.

It was showing very well though most of the time only through a closed window. Here are a few shots I managed to get.





And here's a scandinavian Nuthatch I photographed a few days ago


Semi-notable birds seen in Bergen (from a British perspective)

Willow Tits (I've seen about 4 in the last 10 years in UK)
Lesser Redpoll (not Mealy!?)
Northern (trumpeter) Bullfinches - 8
Northern Treecreepers
(Scandinavian) Nuthatches
Bramblings (several hundred)


No comments:

Post a Comment